Friday, June 24, 2016

Horse Fly War

Today's run was well needed. Down right necessary. And although I was slower than I wanted to be, I survived, didn't get bit, and feel pretty damn good right now.

The weather yesterday was very wet and very stormy when I woke up so I just went back to bed and skipped my run. For a few minutes I thought about going after work but I ended up cooking dinner for the kids which meant some creativity in the kitchen. Pancakes are tricky to cook.

So today I needed to stay true to my word and get my run in. And I did. And I even did my workout, although not as many reps/sets as I wanted to.

Anyway, the run was nice. The weather wasn't. Warm and muggy and the flies were out. Yuck. Saw my dad finishing his walk as I was starting mine. Also saw Mrs. Sparbel out getting her workout done.

And there might be a horse fly war brewing. Details to follow.

Photo:
The angry hawk.




Yesterday's Video:


Weather:
Temps were around 80F or 85F. Humidity was moderate to high. No wind. Sky was slightly overcast.

Fluids and Fuel:
Nothing before the run. Plain water during the run. Overflowing oatmeal, one egg, and two sausage for breakfast.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really. Still a bit wheezy but not really short of breath.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
Most of my motivation was because I didn't want to disappoint my coach. I told her yesterday I was really going to get my run in today. So I did. Felt much better after I got it done.

Naughty Neil:
I've been doing really good on the food. It's hard as shit and I really wanted a Whopper for dinner tonight. But instead I had shrimp tacos and tortillas. Lots of tortillas. And dip.

Splits:
Time is an estimate because I'm too lazy to go back upstairs to get my watch. But it's close.
Loop 1 - 18:00
Loop 2 - 19:30
Finish - 37:30

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the "I didn't want to disappoint my coach" part and you know why! Thx for sharing about your training!

Neil Richard said...

Thanks for reading!