Friday, August 19, 2016

Going Back To College

Decided to go for my run after breakfast this morning. I had hoped to push it to 5 miles instead of 3 just to get ahead of my training plan a bit and I did about as well as could be expected. After about 4 miles of on/off running, I pooped out and just walked the rest of the way. Which makes me happy but sad at the same time.

Along the way, I stopped frequently to take pictures, read sign posts, and catch my breath. I got overheated a few times and seriously winded a few times but each time I just stopped, walked, and waited for my body to recover.

Photos:







Weather:
Temps were about 85F. Humidity was high. Sun was out in full but there were a few clouds. Wind was light but noticeable.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was french toast, two eggs, bacon, and coffee. GenUCAN Hydrate during the run. Recovery was Chipotle and Starbucks.

Aches and Pains:
Aside from being too hot and too tired, nothing out of the ordinary. Had some chafing to deal with at the end of the day though.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
I had some time and it was nice to see some new scenery on a run. That was enough to get me going and to keep me going.

Naughty Neil:
Probably shouldn't have eaten so much Chipotle but I was rungry.

Splits:
Splits are via RunKeeper.
Mile 1 - 14:00
Mile 2 - 15:02
Mile 3 - 17:02
Mile 4 - 14:01
Mile 5 - 16:50
Finish -  1:25:28

No comments: