Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Dog Days

Not exactly the dog days of summer but there were certainly dogs out for this morning's run. Managed to not only get out the door this morning but did all my miles. And I even enjoyed it a little bit. I'm starting to think that the summer is the time for me to bike and swim and not run. And today's cooler temps seriously made me question my sanity of running in this heat and humidity.

Anyway, today's run was pretty nice. The temps were lower, neighbor's were pleasant, and it felt good to start the day off right. Saw Mrs. Brown and two other dog walkers, both of which were new to me.

Weather:
Temps were about 80F. Humidity was high. Sky was cloudy but there was still some sun out.

Fluids and Fuel:
One coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was a scrambled omelette of two eggs, ham, and asparagus. And more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Right knee was about a 1 on the pain scale. Just enough to notice it.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
Didn't really have a lot of motivation but I did feel like I needed to get out there soon to run. Once I got a little down the road, I started to enjoy the cool weather. I think that was enough to keep me going to the finish.

Naughty Neil:
Lemon meringue pie. ::sigh::

Splits:
Loop 1 - 16:46
Loop 2 - 16:56
Finish - 33:43

No comments: