Thursday, June 23, 2016

Three's Company - S2 E1 - Ground Rules

Three's Company
Season 2
Episode 1
Ground Rules


Overview
With privacy at a premium, Jack, Janet, and Chrissy fight to get some quality alone time. But most interesting to me is the beginning itself. Turns out, Season 1 was just a short, mid-season series with very little hope of continuing past the first six season. When the series was picked up, well, they came back for a full season. In addition to that, the format of the opening changed. It got a little longer and the music changed a little too. I also noticed some changes in how the camera shots are set up. There seems to be more close-up head shots.

Physical Comedy
I think this episode shows the birth of the sloth-like cretin that John Ritter does. I don't know how to describe it other than hilarious.

My favorite gag though is the wind-up hand at the table in the Regal Beagle. I think I've used it before with my kids but I could never remember where I learned it from. I guess the mystery is solved.


STEM
Since the whole male vs. female libido probably isn't appropriate for kids, let's look at schedules instead. The best I could find were a bunch of examples of a daily schedule for STEM teachers or a schedule for a STEM school. All I was left with was some ideas on how to implement STEM in a school. Not the best, but better than nothing.

Teacher Resources:
http://www.doe.in.gov/sites/default/files/ccr/elementary-and-middles-school-stem-implementationv2.pdf

No comments: