Saturday, June 25, 2016

Moo Moo Buckaroo

Got my 4 miles in this morning in my new team uniform. Or gear. Or kit. Or whatever you want to call it. It was long overdue in arriving but well worth the wait. Glad I had the chance to test it out before I left on my trip. The cycle jersey looked like it would fit but it was snug. I know it's supposed to be snug but I didn't expect my arms to be so big. Made me feel a little like the Incredible Hulk - one flex and I'd rip a seam. But I didn't. And I know cycle people are usually smaller than me (more aerodynamic, right?) but I still felt like a stuffed sausage in there.

The shorts were a little surprising. They looked way too small (size XL) but they fit quite nicely. So that was cool. No chafing after 4 miles, which was even cooler.

The rest of the run was filled with horse flies, neighbors, and lots of sweating.

The rest of the day was filled with sitting in the car driving to my moms. Once there, it was time to talk, eat dinner, film the cows, and stay up late.

Almost forgot! So I got a message today from an old running friend. She saw my photo and both she and her husband commented on how much weight I had lost. Totally made my day! Thank you Royanna! And, on top of that, yesterday I did my monthly measurements. I was a few days behind schedule because I was sick, but here are the numbers:

Weight - 233.2 pounds (down from 246.2 right before I quit work)
Waist - 101.5 cm (down from 110 cm)
Total cm Measurements - 650.5 cm (down from 677 cm)

Photos:





Video:


Weather:
Temps were about 80F. Humidity was high. Sky was overcast. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Nothing before the run. Plain water during the run. Ran out of water after 3 miles. Recovery was coffee followed by an egg white sammich thingie from the gas station with a few, ONLY A FEW DAMMIT, hashbrowns.

Aches and Pains:
The sleeves on the jersey bunched a little but once fixed there was no pain. Right shoe probably wasn't tied tight enough so I felt some chafing on the heel.

Gear:
Shorts and cycle jersey.

Today's Motivation:
I knew I wouldn't get a run in after I got to my mom's so I got up early and got it done.

Naughty Neil:
The gas station food wasn't a great choice but it was a good choice in what I chose. Lunch today was light and dinner was fairly healthy. I'm doing much better. But I still had some McDonalds fries. But only a medium!

Splits:
As I ran, I realized what names I had come up with for the neighborhood routes I use. I created them, used them a few times, then forgot them. And instead of going back to find them, I just ignored them and called them the "loop" when I should have used the proper word. So, a "loop" is a full 1.5 mile loop around the hood. A "lollipop" is 1.25 miles, and skips one of the dead ends. A "circle" is 1 mile and skips both dead ends. If that doesn't make sense to you, don't worry. A lot of what I think of doesn't make sense to me either.
Loop - 18:34
Loop - 18:46
Circle - 10:48
Finish - 48:09

No comments: