Saturday, June 11, 2016

History Lesson

Today's run was sluggish. I mean slow as a snail going through pine tar on a broken escalator. But it was still nice to get out there and get at least some miles in before the day started. How I got out there before 0700, I don't know. But it was nice to feel a little pride in something, especially considering how slow I felt.

Okay, enough with the slow talk. The run was warm and sticky. The first loop was fairly decent but then things started to warm up enough to make it sticky icky humid.

Nothing too terribly exciting until I was nearly done with the run. I stopped and talked to a near-neighbor. I specifically wanted to know more about the road we live on and if it went by a different name. It didn't but it was interesting because the newspaper said it did. Anyway, she gave some additional details about the neighborhood which I didn't know which really helped fill in some of the blanks left from reading the articles the other day.

Anyway, after about a 10 minute chat with her, I just hoofed it home and skipped the last quarter mile of my run. And I didn't really feel like going that extra quarter of a mile. So it all worked out in the end.

Weather:
Temps were probably 75F. Humidity was moderate to high. Light wind. Full sun with only a few clouds.

Fluids and Fuel:
About 3 sips of coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was three donuts and coffee. I wanted something better but there was a swim team meeting this morning and I knew I'd eat there and the donuts were the only thing that looked good and I ate 2 then my wife didn't eat one of hers so instead of throwing it away like I should have I ate it.

Aches and Pains:
None really.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
Didn't really feel like I had any. But I somehow managed to get out there.

Naughty Neil:
See "Fluids and Fuel."

Splits:
Loop 1 - 20:00
Loop 2 - 20:00
Finish - 40:00

No comments: