Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Ad Sense and the Casey Neistat Dream

A few days back, I had a dream about Casey Neistat. It was bizarre but it had a moment of clarity that's important.

I went to a grocery store or market of some sort and Casey was there doing some sort of book signing. He had a huge line. So I hung around, got impatient, and left. I came back awhile later and there was no line and Casey was just sitting there chilling out.

As I went up to get an autograph and selfie with him, some other dude rolled up and cut in front of me. As I was giving him the stink eye, he and Casey were talking about something and he said something to the effect of "I'm going to write a few words and get paid a million dollars for it." To which I responded something to the effect of "I'm going to write a million words and not get paid for it because I know the money will come later." To which Casey really responded in a positive manner to my thought process and brushed off the jerk that cut in front of me.

Now, what does all that mean? Well, it was just a dream. But when I woke up, it made me re-think my blog and how I have ads on it. I've never been a big fan of ads on websites. And it was something I've long thought about changing. So as of right now, there are no more ads on my blog. Will that change in the future? I doubt it.

You see, Google AdSense has a minimum payout of $100 a month. When I looked yesterday, I had a whopping $14.62. I'll never see that money and I'll never get to $100 a month. I'd rather sacrifice the money and run a blog that's more visually pleasing.

So there you have it. No ads. Guess I could have kept it that short but I needed to explain the motivation behind it.



In other news, I'm working on more YouTube videos. I struggled with my channel back in the early days of YouTube, mostly because I didn't understand it. Now I'm a day late and a dollar short on what could have been a cash cow. But at least I understand it. Anyway, below is my newest video. Please check it out!


No comments: