Friday, February 07, 2014

Miles for Coach

I was supposed to do a chest work out today but I knew I probably wouldn't get my run in this weekend so I swapped them around and did my 1 hour recovery run today. Although it turned out to be more of a regular training run instead of a recovery run. Oops. I tried.

First mile or two was easy and in my recovery zone but then I saw some other runners and suddenly I felt the need to run a little faster. So I ended up getting way out of Zone 1 and well into Zone 2 and even got into Zone 3. Damn. Not what I wanted but my body did it despite my brain telling it not to. The funny part is, I saw these guys running, they passed in the opposite direction, then I never saw them again. I expected to see them after I turned around but never did. Instead I saw the young lady sitting in her car texting. Or maybe it was Instagraming.

Anyway, that was it on the run. Did see a truck cross over the trial but he's allowed so I didn't worry about it.

Photo:
The sun was out but barely warmed you up.


Vine:
https://vine.co/v/Ma06XOeHFnA


Weather:
Temps were 30F. Wind was light. Sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
Before the run I had a little coffee and a serving of GenUCAN (cranberry/raspberry). It didn't taste as good as the chocolate or vanilla. During the run I had plain water. Recovery was more coffee and a yogurt.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, shorts, thermal shirt, long sleeve shirt, wind breaker, winter hat, balaclava, neck gaiter, and gloves. Also took along my knife and cell phone.

Heart Rate:
Like I said earlier, I felt comfortable going slow the first mile or two then felt the need to blast it into Zone 2. Tried to keep things in check but my legs just kept moving. My saving grace was my lungs would scream out and I'd stop to walk.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 13:01 (AVG HR 131)
Mile 2 - 13:12 (AVG HR 143)
Mile 3 - 13:48 (AVG HR 147)
Mile 4 - 12:41 (AVG HR 150)
Finish - 52:43
MIN HR - 100
AVG HR - 143
MAX HR - 172
RHR - 60
Weight - 222.2

No comments: