Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Yesterday's Run - Bouncy Bouncy

Nice day for a lunchtime run so I bolted out the door as soon as I could. Spent this morning crawling back into bed and I have yet again proven that my body has a clock inside of it. I don't know why, but if I look at a clock, tell myself how long I want to sleep, and go to sleep, I will wake up a few minutes (or seconds) before the end of that time. Yet again I did it this morning. I have no idea why or how it happens but it freaks me out when it does. I mean, it's like my body is telling me something.

Anyway, since work is hectic (to put it mildly) and I didn't want to freeze my tiddly-winks off this morning, I waited until lunch. Out the door I went and enjoyed the cool, crisp air. And oh how nice it was. Warmed up just enough that after a little more than a mile I was able to ditch my shirt and run topless. Much to the chagrin of my neighbors I'm sure.

Best part of the run? Finding the DailyMile sticker that Michele S. hid along the way. As I carried along to it's new hiding spot, I began to think of how much this was like geocaching. But for runners. Only on DailyMile. So then I started thinking about how I could carry other little tidbits of treasure around and leave them for people to find. Hmm. I think I'll stick with stickers for the moment. Oh, and just so you know, I did cheat a little bit last week. I drove the kids one morning and looked for the sticker while I was driving. But I didn't see it. I don't know how I missed it, but I did. So when I found it today, I was pleasantly surprised and didn't feel so guilty looking for it from my car. Although I did feel a bit blind because I missed it. Sheesh.

Outside of that, the run was pretty sedate. Except for traffic. I had to jump over the ditch at the other dead man's curve since two cars were going by in opposite directions. No problem with that but then I nearly got clipped at the end of the road where I turn around. It's a blind corner for both parties and thankfully we both slowed way the hell down when we saw each other. And that was it. Farm animals, wood smoke, and skulking critters in the leaves. The usual for a run on a country road.

Temps were about 65F but it felt cooler because of the light winds which were around 5 or 10 mph. Humidity was low and the sun was out.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, water, toast, and eggs. Pre-lunch was just water. During the run I had two bottles of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was chocolate ZICO. Lunch was salad with leftover taco meat and corn with a dessert of two cupcakes (my daughter turned 8 yesterday).

Aches and Pains:
My left ankle hurt on and off through most of the run. Right hamstring hurt before and after the run but not much during the run. Outside of that, things felt fine.

No fancy gear.

Codename - Bouncy Bouncy
As I started my run I spotted a kid jumping on a trampoline. If I knew him or his family, I would have asked if I could have a turn. Instead I avoided being the possibility of arrest and just kept running.

Outbound - 33:31
Inbound - 34:51 (included a little extra time to hide the DailyMile sticker)
Finish - 1:08:22

No comments: