Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lost, Found, and Lost again



I've finished An American Robinson Crusoe by Samuel B. Allison and was left disappointed. Sure, it was a good spin on the original Robinson Crusoe, so good, it was pretty much the same book. Just shorter. And for kids. And that was the good part. But it clearly pointed out much of the similarities between this work and Swiss Family Robinson. Both are great books in the "cast-away" genre, but, well, it's just not the same. Can't put my finger on it, but it's just not the same.



With the end of Crusoe, I started The Disappeared by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. And right now I'm lost. I think I'm just far enough into it to have a lot of questions, but not far enough into it to have any answers.



Which brings us to Lost. The TV show. I'm totally hooked. Granted, I've heard good and bad about the show and I'm only in season 2 (supposedly before it gets bad), but I'm really enjoying it.

2 comments:

cinda1212 said...

Lost is the greatest show on tv in a long time. i think watching all of them at one time is a good way to do it - we really got screwed with the scheduling.

Neil Richard said...

Cinda - I don't know about the "greatest" show, but it's pretty damn good. So far I'm up to Season 3 and should be able to finish Season 4 before the last season comes out.