Monday, September 22, 2008

I feel bad

...and it makes me feel good. I skipped the Y this morning as I appear to have been every one's bathroom/snoring/coughing/crying buddy last night. Which means dear old dad got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. So in an effort to curb The Grouch inside of me, I went back to bed for a bit.

In other news, I installed the lights in my shed yesterday. Four, shiny, fluorescent lights now hang form the ceiling. I also trimmed the grass and pulled some weeds (some - not all). And of course I watched the Steelers loose. Yuck.

Saturday was spent running around town buying groceries and filling prescriptions. I did manage to put in a little workout that afternoon, but nothing major. Although I am very proud of my sub-10 mile (despite how old it makes me feel).



I also finished the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy this weekend and didn't much enjoy it. I think it's the whole Monty Python style of humor that, while I find mildly amusing, I don't find overly funny. Maybe if Mel Brooks would have been a bigger influence I would have liked it more. I also started An American Robinson Crusoe and was surprised. Here I was thinking this would be an American version of the classic. Unfortunately I was right. It seems to be more of a kid's book than anything, so I'm cruising through it pretty fast.

Destroyermen is moving along nicely. Still a bit clunky at times and certainly dense, but it makes for a good challenge as I really want to see what happens.

No comments: