Tuesday, April 15, 2008

You decide who lives or dies

Well, not really, but you get the drift. Taking my queues from other review blogs, I need you to tell me what to read next. Why? Because you-know-what is slowing down and I should have some free time.

Okay, okay, let me back up a bit. I can't talk about you-know-what so don't ask. No, seriously. Don't ask. Even if you already know or have guessed, I'm not going to talk about it. But I can tell you that you-know-what is going to be slower very soon. And with that in mind, I'd like to do something during some of that free time.

Add to the mix, free e-books (aka my queue/pile o' shame). I know some of you hate them (e-books I mean), but I have a plethora of them at the moment. And I don't know where to start. So, free time + free books = you choose what I read next. No need to tell me why I should read it, just tell me what to read.

Here are your choices:

Lord of the Isles by David Drake
Through Wolf's Eyes by Jane Lindskold
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Deadstock by Thomas Jeffrey
The Outstretched Shadow by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory
The Situation by Jeff VanderMeer

Thanks for helping!

PS - Yes, I narrowed down my e-book collection based on cover art. So sue me.

5 comments:

Aidan Moher said...

I'd vote for Mistborn.

Sanderson's a great guy and I've heard a lot of good things about the novel.

Anonymous said...

I must agree, check out Mistborn, I'd like to know what you think. Seems interesting... the book, that iss, not the pretty picture. :-D

Neil Richard said...

That's two for Mistborn. I'll keep the polling open a bit longer to see how everyone else votes. you know, all three readers out there.

Paul Abbamondi said...

I never read past the first book in Drake's epic fantasy series. That said, I liked Sanderson's debut and have heard many a good things about Mistborn. Let's go with that one.

Daniel Ausema said...

The Situation is short, so you could easily read that even before you-know-what (but I don't) winds down completely. And it's very good besides.

I've also been hearing good things about Sanderson, so that's probably a good one once you dive into the novel-length works. Deadstock is the other I've heard good things about, but I haven't read that either (or any of these apart from VanderMeer's novella).