Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday Moanday*

I lost my keys this morning. Looked around and around and couldn't find them. Then, like that magical pocket that rarely produces money, I found them in my shorts. I apparently decided to wear the same pair I wore on Saturday.

I also forgot to add that I'm like Monk in two other ways. First, the volume on the TV needs to be on a base ten number. Like "10" or "20." Maybe "15" if I'm feeling dangerous. Second, I color-code the clothes in my closet. My nice shirts are on white hangers. My dingy, bum around the house ones are on green hangers. I'm sure there are more ways that I resemble Monk, but that'll be it for now.

This weekend was rather productive. I was able to cut the grass, help Dad with the shed some, weed eat, wash the mower, wash the mini-van, wash the front and back porch, and various other minor tasks. Much more than I expected. Sunday was slower, with more indoor chores, but a lot still got done (I mean, heh, I actually mopped the kitchen floor!).

Finally, in reading news, if you enjoy fantasy, spec-fic, or whatever you want to call it, you must, absolutely must, read Joe Abercrombie's books. I can honestly say Before They Are Hanged is the best book I've read this year (and I'm not even done with it yet)! Even better than his first book, The Blade Itself. How can you beat the violence, the humor (or humour as he spells it), and the sex?! It's awesome!


* For those that noticed, no, I didn't spell it wrong.

No comments: