Wednesday, November 01, 2006

These shoes were made for sitting

I recently purchased a pair of Nunn Bush dress shoes with fancy gel insoles. Well, they broke. I know I'm a big guy, but I'm not that big. And they shouldn't break after a few wearings. So in an effort to rectify the issue, I sent them (the insoles) back to Nunn Bush. Below is my letter to them. We'll see what happens.

Weyco Group, Inc.
333 W. Eastbrook Blvd.
Glendale, WI
53212

Dear Florsheim/Nunn-Bush,

I recently purchased a paid of Nunn-Bush shoes (model 81477, size 10 medium) from my local Kohl’s department store. I feel obligated to inform you that while I enjoy the fit and style of the shoe, the gel insoles are defective. I’m returning them to you so you can research the cause behind their break-down.

Here are some data points to help with your research:

- The shoes were worn to work on 3 or 4 occasions for a total of 30 to 40 hours.
- I work in an office environment with limited amounts of walking.
- I am 6 feet tall and weigh 225 pounds.
- The gel pads began to break-down after the second wearing.
- The following information was inside the shoe:


o 81477 01 10 M
o Leather Upper
o Balance Man Made Materials
o Made In India
o 1110302

Again, I enjoy my shoes and have shopped for another pair of Nunn-Bush in a different color to compliment my wardrobe. I do not intend to return or dispose of this pair since I enjoy them, they fit, and I’ve already replaced the gel insoles with a pair of Dr. Scholl’s. My intent with this letter was to simply return the defective part of the shoe so you could make improvements in the future.

Sincerely,

Neil

No comments: