Thursday, November 30, 2006

Holiday Movie Guide - Preview

Seeing as it's that time of year, I'm releasing my Holiday Movie Guide. Be sure to check out these classics (new and old) between now and Christmas Day. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Not Ranked
(in no particular order)
These movies haven't been ranked because I haven't watched them, don't own them, or haven't seen them in so long I don't remember them well enough. If you would like to see any of these added to the list, please feel free to contact me. I'd be more than happy to accept donations to purchase these titles.
The Grinch (2000)
Scrooged (1988)
ELF (2003)
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
A Christmas Carol (all versions)
Home Alone 3 (1997)
Home Alone 4 (2002)

Honorable Mentions
(in chronological order)

Holiday Inn (1942)
This is supposedly the pre-cursor to White Christmas (seen below). I have yet to watch it, but I'm hoping it's decent. Bing can't be all that bad.

Die Hard (1988)
Die Hard 2 (1990)
I watched these movies so much I practically wore out my VHS tapes. Yippee ki ay.

Home Alone 2 (1992)
Not quite as good as the first one, but still a great laugh to watch. A bit too much of a moral in the story took away from the comedy.

Jingle All The Way (1996)
Never thought I'd include a Schwarzenegger movie in this list, but it's not a bad movie. And Sinbad and Phil Hartman do good at pumping up the audience. Plus Jake Lloyd would end up being the future Anakin Skywalker.

The Santa Clause 2 (2002)
A decent sequel to a good movie. The second movie in a trilogy usually falls flat, but this one does pretty good.

The Santa Clause 3 (2006)
Don't waste your money on a movie ticket. Wait for the DVD to land in the dollar bin on this one.

Stay tuned for the top ten coming soon!

No comments: