Thursday, May 14, 2015

River Rescue

What I had hoped would be another adventure in town on a new trail turned into what felt like junk miles. Almost like I was just phoning in the workout. The only excitement along the way was the local fire/rescue teams doing some river rescue training. The rest of the run was, well, boring as fuck.

Photos:
The river today.


One of the signs along the trail.



Weather:
Temps were about 50F to 55F. Wind was light. Sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
I rarely eat before my runs but today was an exception. Or a gamble if you prefer. Had two eggs, three strips of bacon, two pieces of toast, and hash browns for breakfast. And iced tea to drink. Nothing during the run and only cold coffee as a recovery. Although I nearly fell for a donut after the run.

Aches and Pains:
None really. Just mental apathy. Maybe I should include my mental status under this category going forward. Hmmmm. Something to think about.

Gear:
Wore shorts, t-shirt, and hat. Took along a BUFF which I used as a single glove here and there. Once again it proves to be the best piece of clothing I've ever bought.

Today's Motivation:
I told my coach I would run and so I did.

Naughty Neil:
Had a late lunch yesterday and a normal sized dinner. Then had a snack later even though I wasn't hungry. Should have skipped the snack but I felt the mental need to eat.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:59
Mile 2 - 14:21
Finish - 31:37

No comments: