Friday, May 08, 2015

Lost but not in danger

For the first time in ages, I got lost today. I was never in any danger, I could see buildings through the trees in various spaces so I knew I could get help in an emergency. But I was absolutely lost. I had a general idea of where I was, where I wanted to go, but there came a point where I just had no idea which way to turn. Thankfully the park was small and I was able to easily continue on down the trail and find my way back out to civilization again.

Along the way I went out of my way to go through the water, got creeped out under the overhang, realized I need fuel after 7 miles, and got in a nice workout. And as a bonus I stunk up the joint when I stopped for food after my run. I wasn't smelly enough to smell myself but it was bad enough to get the stink eye and have people avoid all the tables around me. Oh well. I'm not doing this to make my ass smell better.

So after the nearly, nearly 10 mile run, I came home and cut the grass. Wasn't exactly the cool down I wanted but it made me feel less guilty about missing those last few tenths of a mile that I needed to get into the double digit range.

Vine:
https://vine.co/v/emW26hPQIUb

Photos:
De Train! DE TRAIN!



The creepy overhang. Felt like I was being watched. But I knew Lauren would appreciate the picture.


Pretty flowers.


Exhausted after 9.85 miles.


Weather:
Temps were about 70F. Humidity was high. Sun was out. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had two English muffins for breakfast with coffee. During the run I had a bottle of GenUCAN Hydrate, plain water, and two applesauces. Recovery was a spinach and bacon souffle and a spinach and artichoke souffle with an iced coffee. Side note, frozen applesauce seems to be working well. Keeps the water cold and thaws in plenty of time to eat.

Aches and Pains:
Other than feeling tired, I felt fairly good. Had some hot spots develop that I did my best to mitigate along the way. Feet felt heavy after going through the water (no surprise). Got over-heated around Mile 8 so I slowed down a bit and drank a little more.

Gear:
Wore shorts, t-shirt, hat, and hydration pack. Also carried my gun since I was going through town and into new places.

Today's Motivation:
I knew today was the day to get my run in since this weekend would be busy.

Naughty Neil:
My local outlet for not-so-healthy food had a different treat yesterday. So I snacked on chocolate covered caramel popcorn last night. Thankfully it was a small serving.

Splits:
Splits are according to RunKeeper so take them with a grain of salt.
Mile 1 - 14:57
Mile 2 - 13:40
Mile 3 - 20:32
Mile 4 - 14:52
Mile 5 - 13:19
Mile 6 - 13:21
Mile 7 - 12:52
Mile 8 - 12:57
Mile 9 - 14:05
Mile 10 - 14:55
Finish - 2:22:00

No comments: