Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Blockhead Run

Today's run was much shorter than I wanted (due to time constraints) and hurt much more than expected (due to I don't know what). I ran down the trail in one direction, turned around, then ran in the other direction, then headed back to my car.

Photos:



Vine:
https://t.co/kqlVQoPSGq

Weather:
Temps were about 55F to 60F. Winds were light. Sun was out with a few clouds. Humidity was low.

Fluids and Fuel:
Before the run I had some coffee. During the run I tested GenUCAN's new hydration mix. It tasted like watered down Gatorade but not quite as strong or tangy. Recovery was chocolate ZICO and coffee with two breakfast sandwiches.

Aches and Pains:
Quads and hamstrings were much tighter than expected. Not sure what the issue was but I pushed fluids and took things slow. I felt better after my shower. Left ankle also had some sharper pains so I slowed down a few times and tried to roll it out a bit.

Gear:
No new gear other than the GenUCAN test.

Heart Rate:
Didn't wear it so I didn't measure it.

Splits:
Finish - 23:05
RHR - 57

No comments: