Friday, April 18, 2014

Hang your hat up

Had to bail out early on this morning's run. I just didn't have enough go-juice to make it happen. But on the flip side, I did manage to hit 3 of the 5 cameras on the trail and swap out memory cards. Guess there's always room to be Pollyanna about things.

The run itself wasn't terrible, it just wasn't there. I wanted to do 4 miles but as I got closer to my halfway turn-around point, I realized I wouldn't make it that last mile so I cut it short. And sure enough, the last mile sucked and the last half-mile really sucked. So I guess I made the right call.

Sadly, the worst part was I eased my pain by eating some bad food. Still an emotional eater but I had an urge for junky food before my run so adding the stress/depression of not doing well on the run only fueled the fire. At least I knew the fire was coming.

Photo:
Somebody left there hat on the trail. So I hung it up.


Weather:
Temps were about 45F. No wind. Sky was cloudy.

Fluids and Fuel:
Before the run I had a little coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water and an applesauce. Recovery was two hashbrowns and a breakfast burrito. And an iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt but I felt even more sluggish than normal. Like trying to run on sand. Or quicksand.

Gear:
No special gear but I did take along my camera gear and knife. Clothes were shorts, pants, thermal shirt, long sleeve shirt, BUFF, and gloves.

Heart Rate:
Ranged wildly between about 120 and over 150. Couldn't find a happy spot between them, it was just either way high or way low. I knew I went out too hard but even when I tried to dial it back, it kept swinging radically.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:35 (AVG HR 133)
Mile 2 - 14:20 (AVG HR 134)
Mile 3 - 17:29 (AVG HR 133)
Finish - 44:24
AVG HR - 133
MIN HR - 78
MAX HR - 160
RHR - 62

No comments: