Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My New Mustache

Kinda wimped out a bit on today's run. Felt even more sluggish than I did yesterday. Pretty sure it was because I ate breakfast right before I went to run instead of waiting until I was finished. I'll try to fix that tomorrow.

Anyway, the rest of the run was fairly quiet. Saw only two other people on the trail walking a dog. The rest of the trip was foggy, chilly, and kinda boring.

Photo:
My new balaclava comes with a mustache.


Vine:
https://vine.co/v/hLU7H9AUiPv

Weather:
Temps were about 40F. Sky was overcast. Fog was dense. No wind. Very light rain.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was one egg, three bacon, two toast, and coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Two pair of shorts, pants, thermal top, long sleeve top, balaclava, and gloves. Also carried my knife and my voice recorder.

Heart Rate:
Managed to keep it within the plan for the first two miles then fell apart on my second surge. Struggled to keep it in the planned zones after that but did manage to actually surge when I needed to.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:40 (AVG HR 133)
Mile 2 - 12:39 (AVG HR 139)
Mile 3 - 13:17 (AVG HR 145)
Mile 4 - 13:53 (AVG HR 150)
Mile 5 - 14:56 (AVG HR 149)
Finish - 1:07:26
MIN HR - 80
AVG HR - 143
MAX HR - 171
RHR - 59

No comments: