Wednesday, September 04, 2013

A Spoon

Did my 40 minutes of chest work, got my crap together, then headed out on the bike. I wasn't in a super big rush and only tried to push the pace when I got onto the busier road. I ran over two VDOT measuring devices, saw two dead snakes, nearly had two heart attacks because of the dead snakes, saw a screwdriver, and saw a metal spoon. Oh, and the 1 Leg veteran that I see on occasion at the local Sheetz.

Beyond that, the ride was fairly sedate. I did manage to work up enough of a sweat that I could feel it trickling down my ass crack. But then again, that could have been the chest workout from earlier in the morning.

Photo:
I figure only the Star Wars fans will get why I took this picture.


Weather:
Temps were a cool 65F to 70F. No humidity. Light breeze. Sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was iced coffee and yogurt. During the ride I had a bottle of plain water and a little bit of an iced latte. Didn't really drink too much on the ride since I was cooler than normal.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt.

Gear:
Nothing terribly special with gear. Did wear DATA and had to tighten it a bit since it kept slipping a bit.

Experiment:
Took my knife to hold my cards and that was it. Rode just fine in my jersey pocket.

Splits:
Outbound - 17:37 (AVG HR 143)
Aid Station - 6:07 (AVG HR 119)
Inbound - 16:00 (AVG HR 137)
Finish - 33:37 (39:44 total time)

No comments: