Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Up your nose with a rubber hose

Not the exact time but close enough for now. Went for a short ride to get a latte which is already a habit (the getting a latte part). But it now appears that riding to the local Sheetz has become a habit as well. I barely broke a sweat on the way there and it wasn't until the last big climb on the way back that I felt winded. Maybe I'm finally starting to get used to this riding a bike thing.

Photos:
I'm always attracted to this sign. Why? Because it has a damn vine growing through the metal post (it's hollow inside) and it comes out the top.


Tried to take a picture of the back of the sign but it turned into a selfie of my nose hairs.



Since some nimrod decided to litter in my yard, I decided to play a joke on him (or her). So if you're missing your fresh-out-of-the-wrapper-coconut-scented-tree-freshener, it's hanging under my ass.


Weather:
Temps were about 83F. Humidity was moderate. Sun was out but it was partly cloudy and a bit hazy. Slight breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a burrito, yogurt, and iced coffee. During the ride I had a bottle of plain water and a little bit of an iced latte. Recovery was the rest of my iced latte and leftover broccoli, meatloaf, and pork chops. I had one mini-brownie for dessert.

Aches and Pains:
I could really feel the muscles in my knees/thighs kicking in. Not sure why but I felt them a lot today. No pain though.

Gear:
No special gear.

Experiment:
New phone stayed in the cycle jersey just fine, even when coming out of the saddle. Knife worked well holding my cards.

Splits:
Screw the splits.
Finish - 45:00

No comments: