Friday, May 17, 2013

Just a short run

Not the best run but I managed to NOT get lost like yesterday. Of course by the time I got home I heard from my wife that if I had continued on and done my normal route, I would have come across a car accident. It was nice that she worried about me but I'm more happy about not being in the accident.

My stride felt a bit wonky the whole time. Going uphill felt more "right" as I could feel myself finding a nice tempo with a short stride and great foot plant. I just didn't have the stamina to keep it up. If you know what I mean. I also had to dodge a few cars along the way. Once was a bus which I did more out of kindness than necessity. Bus drivers have a shitty job so I did my best to make it easier. Second time was two cars coming in opposite directions so I just bailed out onto somebody's yard. Turns out they have poor drainage near their ditch and I nearly lost my shoe in the soft turf.

Weather:
Temps were about 65F. Humidity was moderate. No wind. Sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and part of an iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite, flax seed waffles, an egg, and some ham. Oh, and the rest of my coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Right knee was flaring up a bit but still no major pain. I think I'm just hyper-sensitive to it right now. Left quad and hamstring was also feeling tweaky. No idea why. Lower back was also tight but that's pretty normal based on how I sleep.

Gear:
Wore my little waist belt so I could carry my phone and listen to some tunes. I've confirmed yet again that animals, especially dogs, do not like to listen to Eminem.

Experiment:
Took my knife and phone. Phone was mostly for music. Knife fit well on my waist belt but periodically dangled a bit too far and would slap my junk. A bit uncomfortable.

Splits:
Outbound - 11:09 (downhill)
Inbound - 12:20 (uphill)
Finish - 23:29

No comments: