Friday, December 07, 2012

Pollyanna

Report:
I'll try to keep this as Pollyanna as I can. First, I actually got my rear in gear and made it out for a run. My first run since Sunday. Second, the weather was cold and damp but at least it wasn't raining. And third, my MP3 player's battery died just as I finished my run.

Headed into the woods.



I have no idea what this thing was. Looks like a plastic tarp that was ripped or abandoned. Never saw it until today. Kind of looked like a greenish ghost at first glance.


This is the Swamp of Isengard. There used to be a dead tree that looked just like the Tower of Isengard but it fell down last year or early this year. Now the swamp has no water except for a small creek. And there's a new duck blind too.


A Lumberjack heads into the forest for a run. He finds a rake but no hoe. Damn.



Weather:
Temps were about 40F. Air was damp from some earlier showers. Sky was overcast. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Wore my hydration pack but hardly drank from it. Finished my bottle of Hammer Fizz. No fuel before the run. Recovery was a breakfast burrito and an iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt on my run but my back has been killing me all week.

Gear:
Wore my hydration pack, shorts, pants, thermal shirt, and t-shirt. Also wore gloves and a neck gaiter as a hat. Took my GoPro to take pics.

Codename - Pollyanna
That damn bitch had to go and get paralyzed at the end dammit. What a way to ruin a great movie.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 11:47
Mile 2 - 14:38 (includes a pee break)
Mile 3 - 13:48
Mile 4 - 12:02
Mile 5 - 11:25
Finish - 1:03:43 (first half split was 33:34; second half split was 30:09)

No comments: