Saturday, June 02, 2012

Tornado Watch

Report:
This run is dedicated to @lolojones, Biddi , Angela Ivory, Lauren, and Matt. Without them, I doubt I would have gotten my run on today. How so? Well, with Lolo, she helped me realize that even though we may fall down, we still need to get back up and try again. With Biddi, I realized that I really can have fun thrusting my hairy man tits out (even though I only had old ladies waving at me). Angela Ivory inspires me to make enough of an impact on the running community to have people remember me after I die. And maybe along the way I can smile once in a while. Lauren helped me realize that even in our lowest point, we can push through and do more than we thought possible. And Matt helped me realize that I do have people that support me and cheer me on.

So there you have it. Some inspiration for your Friday.

And no, I have no idea why this satellite dish was in the woods.


Weather:
Temps were about 70F to 75F. Humidity was high. Winds were about 10 to 15 mph but picked up to about 20 to 25 mph on the inbound leg. Sun was out for some of the run but also plenty of clouds.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was coffee and yogurt. Lunch was a bean and rice burrito with lots of not-so-healthy stuff on it along with an iced latte and jalapeno poppers (note to self, skip the poppers the next time you want to run - dumbass). During the run I had a bottle of water and a bottle of Hammer Fizz (no ice in either). Recovery was a little chocolate ZICO and some Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
Had a hard time catching my breath for the last 75% of the run. Started to max out my heart rate just after the turnaround point. Felt overheated and overworked.

Gear:
No special gear but I'm loosely testing the effectiveness of Mission Skincare's sunscreen as a deer fly repellant. So far, it appears to work to some degree.

Codename - Tornado Watch
Like some people I know, Andrea K. , I opted to run despite the weather warnings. I stayed dry and safe but promptly filled the tubs with water when I got back (we lose our water when we lose our power).

Splits:
Outbound - 28:35
Inbound - 31:08 (really fell off pace on the return trip)
Finish - 59:43

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ahhhh. You are so nice. Very odd about the satellite dish.