Monday, June 04, 2012

Erin Go Bragh

Report:
Went out for a #ZTZ run today. I really wanted to lounge around and do nothing but I felt guilty just going back to bed for an hour. So I made my way outside and enjoyed the weather as much as I could.

Overall, the run was pretty normal. Ran past a local walker on my way back home. He's always out on the road walking or walking his dog. Pleasant and always waves. The big shock though was the bagpipes. Just after going by the walker, I started to hear bagpipes. I thought it was music at first but it turns out it wasn't. So I took a short little detour to investigate. Apparently somebody down the street from me plays the bagpipes and she decided to practice this morning. Loved it. Put a smile on my face.

Here's the bagpiper (much easier to hear than to see):


And here's some swamp love:


Weather:
Temps were about 65F to 70F. Wind was about 15 mph. Humidity was low. Sun was out.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was some new yogurt, Greek yogurt. It set well so I'll see if I can find a flavor I can stand. During the run I had two bottles of plain water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
Biggest pain was sitting down on the stool to take my shoes off when I was done. Thought my ass was going to explode after yesterday's ride.

Gear:
Tested Mission sunblock again as a deer fly repellent. So far, it appears to be working.

Codename - Erin Go Bragh
That's what the bagpipes made me think of. And my years at college. And my wedding.

Splits:
Outbound - 20:58
Inbound - 22:06 (includes a minute looking for the bagpiper)
Finish - 43:04

No comments: