Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I've got a bad feeling about this

Report:
Just a short run to get something on the books even though I didn't feel like it. It wasn't a pleasant run but it's still done. Biggest fight was getting out the door and I eventually had to tell myself out loud "don't be such a pussy, just go." It apparently worked. But I still aborted the mission early. Keep reading to see why.

Weather:
Temps were 65F or so, very little wind, no sun, and a constant drizzle. Thankfully it was light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was water and yogurt. During the run I had a bottle of Hammer Fizz which I drank about 75% of. Recovery was eggs, breakfast burrito, and iced coffee.

Aches and Pains:
None to speak of. Felt a bit like a hangover run near the end but I didn't drink that much last night.

Gear:
This is why I quit early. I thought about doing my 5 mile route but opted for the shorter 3 mile route before I even made it out the door. Once I started down the road I was about half a mile from home when I realized I had forgotten two key pieces of equipment. My RoadID and my lucky charm. The RoadID isn't that big of a deal but I've become a bit OCD about my lucky charm. Turns out more OCD than I thought I was. Once I realized it was gone I was able to quell the looming panic but also quickly decided to not run the entire route. But I did do some good out there by moving a box turtle to the side of the road and forcing myself to run to the top of the hill. So at least I got my hill workout in for the week. But I was constantly looking around waiting for the hammer of doom to fall on me like a nail.

Codename - I've got a bad feeling about this
Yeah. Turns out I'm pretty damn OCD. I don't have to count to 100 before entering a room or drive around the block 5 times before I leave the house. But I guess I do have some issues.


Splits:
Outbound - 13:12
Inbound - 13:37
Finish - 26:49

No comments: