Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Big Brother

Report:
This run was from this morning but the report is delayed since I've just now gotten my interwebz working. Turns out I was lucky over the weekend to get a connection. So now that things are flowing smoothly, I can share my ritualistic diatribe about my run.

Went out to our local rail trail this morning for a short little jaunt. Some of our trail friends reported some heavy ATV use (which is illegal) in this section so I thought I'd be nosy and see for myself. Turns out, they were right. It's not just being used, it's being used heavily. Here's to hoping we can stop them.

The run itself was fairly uneventful. I had to battle the horseflies about a half mile into the run. Wasn't fun but I did get to practice breathing in through my nose. I've choked (and puked) on one too many bugs to know I don't want to do it again.

That's the trail on the right and the illegal access point the ATVs use on the left:


Weather:
Temps were 70F to 75F. Humidity was high. Sun was out.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and water. During the run I had a bottle of water with ice and a bottle of Hammer Fizz with ice. Recovery was chocolate ZICO followed by a breakfast burrito, eggs, and coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Biggest pain was the horse flies. They're out in force now.

Gear:
No special gear except for my phone.

Codename - Big Brother
We reportedly have surveillance cameras on the trail to document and catch the trespassing ATV users. But I couldn't find them today. But it was nice to at least try to find them.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 11:54
Mile 2 - 13:39 (includes taking pictures)
Mile 3 - 14:04 (includes taking pictures and a pee break)
Mile 4 - 12:14
Finish - 51:53

No comments: