Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Yesterday's Run - Snakes

Report:
Shit on a stick. This run stank. But I'm okay with that. I at least beat gravity just enough to make it out of bed and into my shoes.

Let's see, what else can I complain about? Probably nothing you'd care about so let's move on to the meat of the run.

Weather:
Temps were 65F to 70F with a steady wind of about 15mph. Wind was warm but nice enough in some sections to cool you off. Heat was brutal. I really need to get back into the heat training mode and I'm glad to have the practice but man, I really did wish it was cooler today. Stripped off my shirt about a mile into the run.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was eggs, yogurt, and coffee. Had a little water before the run but not quite enough. Took a shot of Hammer Gel right before I left. During the run I had a bottle of water and a bottle of Hammer Fizz. Finished both by the end. Very thirsty and very hot.

Aches and Pains:
It felt like everything hurt. Left knee, right knee, both shins, then ankles, then chest, then everything else. Yuck.

Gear:
No special gear. But I did leave my iPod at home.

Codename - Snakes
I hate snakes. A lot. And while I never want to encounter a bear during my run, I think I'd rather see a bear than a snake, I hate them that much. So when I saw a baby snake on the road (skinnier than a pencil and about 10 inches long), I freaked out a bit. I left it alone and didn't see him on my return trip.

Splits:
Outbound - 31:04
Inbound - 30:43
Finish - 1:01:47

No comments: