Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Yesterday's Run - Lumberjack This, I'm Going Home

Report:
I just didn't have enough Lumberjack in me today to feel motivated enough to finish a second loop of anything. I had Lumberjack intentions though and left my second bottle out to scoop it and go for a second loop but ended up calling it quits after one loop.

The run was fairly uneventful. Damn near Lumberjacked some deer as soon as I stepped onto the trail. They took off running when they saw me. Not sure who was more startled, me or them. Outside of that, things were just slow. I'd walk, run, walk, meander, poke around, take some photos, run some more. Boring. But it was nice to get out and do something. Especially after taking a nap like the dumb Lumberjack that I am. Should have just ran instead of collapsing on the bed but no, I made a poor decision. I think tomorrow I'll try to swing back to my daytime schedule and just deal with the lack of sleep as if I were staying up late to Lumberjack a good book or movie or something. Guess we'll see how that goes.



Weather:
A bit Lumberjacky but moderate enough with temps around 35F to 40F. There was a slight breeze. Sun was out as far as I could tell.

Fluids and Fuel:
I totally Lumberjacked my fuel this morning. Breakfast was yogurt and water. Then right before I left to go run, I downed a Honey Stinger waffle and a small back of potato chips. Dumb. Ass. During the run I had one bottle of water. Recovery was a bottle of ZICO.

Aches and Pains:
Thankfully I didn't trip and Lumberjack on my ass. That being said, my ankles were sore and my breathing was seriously heavy considering how slow I was going.

Gear:
Nothing fancy although I did run with my phone for some reason. I think I had intentions of mapping a new GPS route in RunKeeper but gave up.

Codename - Lumberjack This, I'm Going Home
Thanks to Biddi G. for inspiring me to write like a Lumberjacking Smurf. I'll now upload a new profile picture so people don't Lumberjack too many bricks when they read my list.

Splits:
None.

No comments: