Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Baked On

Report:
My first run after Sunday's 50k and I'm feeling good. About 90% of my chafe healed by Monday morning but there was still a hint of pain in my nipples. They felt fine by today. Luckily, my muscles appear to be just fine with only some mild tenderness. Sunday night my toes hurt, which is pretty common, but by Monday I felt about like I was about at 90%. Today I felt much better but still not quite 100%. Maybe it was the heat.

Today's run was pretty low-key, it was mostly just to get out the door and get moving on my feet. About 10 feet into the run I could feel the heat and humidity kicking my ass. My muscles, especially my calves, didn't really hurt until about a tenth of a mile in. By the end, I was dealing with the heat and the DOMS but managing just fine.

Weather:
Temps were about 85F. Humidity was high at about 60% to 65%. Winds were light. Sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a burrito, vegan sausage, and iced coffee. The sausage kicked my ass. During the run I had a bottle of ice water and a bottle of iced NUUN. Recovery was water and a large salad. Followed by half a mousse pie (a small one).

Aches and Pains:
My calves hurt the worst but beyond feeling stiff and sore, things were fine. And even the aches and pains I had were pretty mild.

Gear:
I loaded up on my Mission Skincare sunblock but no other gear.

Codename - Baked On
I was about halfway through my run when I was suddenly smelling my sunblock. It was then that it occurred to me that the sunblock was getting baked on.

Splits:
Outbound - 21:36
Inbound - 21:51
Finish - 43:27

No comments: