Monday, January 22, 2018

Is It Spring Already?

As I walked out to get my paper this morning, I wondered, is it spring already? The weather was nearly perfect for a run. A little damp and clammy but not too bad. Certainly not too hot or too cold and with no rain, snow, or blazing sun to worry about, it was great to get some miles under my feet.

With a lot on my mind, I was finally able to get at least some clarity. Which of course I promptly lost soon after I walked back into the house. The run was fairly typical with the exception of the neighbor getting a new driveway. So with that equipment in the road, I only ran that stretch of road once and skipped it on my second time around the block. No sense getting in their way. Plus I was feeling seriously lacking in the motivation department. I've been putting on some heavy chores and didn't want to face them even though I knew I needed to face them this morning. Well, turns out it wasn't quite as bad as I had thought it would be. Still not great but not as scary as I thought.

Anyway, the rest of the run was uneventful. Just another day running around the block.

Photos:



Weather:
Temps were about 50F to 55F. Sky was overcast. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was Steak-Umm, eggs, and English Muffin. With more coffee of course.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Wore shorts, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt, and hat.

Today's Motivation:
The weather got me started but somehow I just ran out of mojo the further I ran. Nearly called it quits after a mile and repeated the thought process for the rest of the run. Toughed it out and managed almost 3 miles.

Naughty Neil:
Should have had chips and salsa last night but felt like potato chips instead.

Splits:
Loop 1 - 16:47
Lollipop 2 - 13:59
Finish - 30:46

No comments: