Sunday, July 03, 2016

Glide-ey

4 miles done. The warm-up today, and I rarely do a warmup, was some shovel work at the pool. So dad and I scooped out old rocks and dirt and dropped some new stone down. All told, a couple of hours of work.

The run was pretty decent. Felt nice and easy, but hard, and more ..... glide-ey ..... than normal. I hope that's a work. Just felt like I was moving along smoothly. More so than normal. Anyway, after the sun came out and the weather warmed up, I went out for my run. Did a loop, then another loop, then a circle. Along the way, one neighbor was digging a trench, my dad was smoking a cigar, another neighbor was smoking, my wife was talking on the phone, and plenty of squirrels were seen cavorting in the grass.

And that was it. Another run done.



Photos:




Weather:
Temps were about 85F. Humidity was moderate. Wind was light to medium. Sky was clear with a few clouds.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was two egg whites and two slices of toast. And coffee. Hammer Fizz (grape) during the run. Recovery was a light lunch of crackers and hummus.

Aches and Pains:
None really.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
Didn't really have any this morning. Felt like I needed to work on the stone at the pool instead. So when I finished and things presented themselves in the right way, I took a shot and came out on top with a run.

Naughty Neil:
Had a giant serving of seafood tonight. After having waffle fries. Not a great choice but tasty.

Splits:
Loop 1 - 17:35
Loop 2 - 18:15
Circle - 11:57
Finish - 47:47

No comments: