Saturday, August 17, 2013

Legs

Leg 1
Decided to ride my bike to my trail run in an attempt to add some mileage to the legs without tearing them up completely. The ride was pretty uneventful but I did give a thumbs-up to the two ladies running on the other side of the road.

Photos:
This is the old haunted mansion that I rode past. Kind of a landmark in the area.


Weather:
Temps were about 75F. Light wind. Mostly cloudy. Light humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and iced coffee. Drank about half a bottle of plain water. With so little fuel, I'm starting to wonder if I'm turning into Biddz .

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
No special gear.

Experiment:
Took my large pepper spray. Rode well.

Splits:
Finish - 45:35

Leg 2
Felt pretty decent during the run. The weather was nice and it wasn't too sunny. Saw a cyclist at the start and that was it. Had to do some engineering but I managed to swap out the SD cards on both trail cameras.

Photos:
Today's view of the trail.


Weather:
Temps were about 75F. It was windy but you couldn't feel it in the trees. Mostly cloudy with some sun. Light humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a bottle of plain water.

Aches and Pains:
None but I could feel a lot of the gravel I ran on since I was in my thinner trail shoes.

Gear:
No special gear.

Experiment:
Took my large pepper spray. Rode well.

Splits:
Transition - 7:30
Mile 1 - 12:53 (includes pee break)
Mile 2 - 13:38
Mile 3 - 15:15 (includes SD card swap)
Mile 4 - 12:13
Finish - 53:59

Leg 3
The last leg of the workout was the hardest. I was feeling the lack of fuel and there was a serious headwind on the way back. Strong enough to make it difficult to pedal downhill sometimes.

Weather:
Temps were about 75F. Heavy headwind. Mostly cloudy with some sun. Light humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Finished my Hammer Fizz and had more water. Had a few sips of my iced latte. Recovery was, not so good. Pretty much just the iced latte until a few hours later when I managed to score some McDonald's.

Aches and Pains:
None but my legs were pretty thrashed.

Gear:
No special gear.

Experiment:
Took my large pepper spray. Rode well.

Splits:
Finish - 1:05:33 (includes a few minutes getting my iced latte)

And this is what I did when I got home.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I sooooo want to explore that haunted house. I consider that a dream find.

Also, what a lovely, huge backyard you have. So green!