Friday, June 28, 2013

Swamp Thing

Had planned on hitching a ride to my wife's school with her this morning but I didn't sleep well last night so I kept my lazy ass in bed. Turns out I didn't sleep well after that anyway so maybe I should have let the bike win instead of the bed.

But hey, at least I got my ass out of bed. Eventually.

Ride was fairly uneventful other than twice I actually went into traffic and signaled a turn. Thankfully I wasn't creamed. Not that I was worried I would be but I'm still not as brazen on a bike as I am on foot. Crossing a major highway on foot is nothing compared to being on two wheels. Guess I'll eventually grow a pair of bike balls.

Photos:
I swear I must have a swamp thing because I always seem to be taking pictures of them.



Weather:
Temps were about 80F to 85F. Humidity was high. Sun was out in full. Slight breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pretty much went from bed to bike so no breakfast. During the ride I had a half bottle of Hammer Perpeteum and a swig of my frozen latte. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite and my frozen (but melted) latte.

Aches and Pains:
None really.

Gear:
Nothing terribly special.

Experiment:
Took my .380 for a change today. Halfway through the ride I realized I should have loaded a round in case I needed it. Once I got home I realized I didn't even have the safety on. Guess it was good I left it unloaded. Also took a spare magazine and my ID. Everything rode well in my jersey. Gun got a smidge sweaty but the holster took most of the moisture.

Splits:
Finish - 47:34 (total time on bike was 54:39)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Swamps are very cool. Except for the leeches.