Thursday, June 27, 2013

Natty Light and Walkers

Report:
Decided to run my planned route from yesterday, this time with no time involved. I keep forgetting that I need to take a moment and smell the sweat instead of just plowing ahead mindlessly through my training. So today I wore my watch but spun it the other way so I couldn't see it and didn't even use the stopwatch. So while I know it took me roughly 45 minutes, I have no idea what the exact time was and I just ran off feel instead.

Along the way I saw a ton of Natural Light cans. I'm used to seeing empty beer cans in the ditch but man, somebody must have had a party recently. There's also a trailer that was torn out, a new house being built, and a near-neighbor washing her car. Also managed to pass a walker out there which was nice. Had a short but pleasant exchange.

And that was pretty much it.

Photos:
The creek at the bottom of the hill:



This is my "damn it's hot" face:



Weather:
Temps were about 85F. Humidity was moderate to high. Wind was light at about 10 to 15 mph. Sky was overcast with barely any sun.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was four waffles, yogurt, and iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of ice water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite and an iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
None really.

Gear:
No special gear.

Experiment:
Took my small pepper spray and cell phone. Phone was just for pictures. Both rode well in the pockets. I did modify the pepper spray (both large and small) to prevent the labels from coming off. Turns out the sweat slowly erodes the paper-like labels. So I just added some packing tape to keep it waterproof.

Splits:
None since I didn't use my watch.

No comments: