Friday, January 18, 2013

Speed I Am Not

Report:
Just a short run this morning since my time was cut short by a co-worker. In other words I had to take one for the team. That's okay though, I'm leaving early this afternoon. Saw another trail user out this morning which was rare but thankfully she was only getting her walk on and not getting her shag on.

Weather:
Temps were right around the freezing point but I'd guess they got up to about 35F by the end since the sun was coming up. There were a few clouds but nothing too major. There was also a steady breeze of about 10 mph.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run meal was yogurt and water. During the run I had about half a bottle of water. Recovery was iced latte and a breakfast burrito.

Aches and Pains:
My right foot was tender for some reason. In the area between the ball of your foot and your pinky toe. Not sure why it was tender but it was. By the end of the run I didn't really notice it.

Gear:
Took my voice recorder so I could lay some tracks. Wore RUEZ undies under my tights. Wore thermal shirt under a t-shirt with a wind breaker on top. Wore winter hat and gloves.

Codename - Speed I Am Not
I am by no means Lightening McQueen folks. That should be obvious to everyone by now. What's shocking is that I want to break the 30 minute mark for a 5k this year. Yeah. Crazy.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 11:29
Mile 2 - 12:03
Finish - 23:32

No comments: