Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Short Shorts and Short Sleeves

Report:
Just a quickie this morning. Wanted to pull something in the area of 5 miles but I was a bit chilly. Turns out I misjudged the temperature and everything from the waist down just wouldn't warm up. So I wimped out and turned around and did only 2 miles.



Weather:
Temps were 40F to 45F. Slightly humid do to yesterday's rain. Sun was out but very low in the sky. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run was yogurt and water. During the run was most of a bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was Hammer Soy and an iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
None really. Felt nice and fluid in my stride, almost like I was at home running the trails.

Gear:
Nothing fancy. Wore my shorts, thermal top, long sleeve shirt, hat, and gloves.

Codename - Short Shorts
Wearing just my shorts wasn't enough. So I had to turn tail and run back to my car before something important fell off. And of course as I got back to my car it was starting to warm up but by then I had already made up my mind to quit.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:49
Mile 2 - 13:13
Finish - 26:03

Report:
Felt way better going out a second time today. This morning's run wasn't that much fun because I was freezing tidbits off. Thankfully things were much warmer the second time around and I was able to keep that sensation of being fluid. Slow, but fluid. Kind of like maple syrup, just not quite as sweet as you think.

Weather:
Temps were about 55F. Humidity was bearable but noticeable. No wind. Sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite followed by lunch.

Aches and Pains:
None really. My shoulder has been hurting but it doesn't seem to impact my running.

Gear:
Same things as this morning except I wore road shoes and ditched the thermal top and winter hat. Still wore gloves since my hands were cold and also wore a regular hat.

Codename - Short Sleeves
Really should have gone with short sleeves but I didn't feel like getting another shirt dirty when I didn't have to. So I went with the long sleeves from this morning and just pushed them up.

Splits:
Outbound - 16:08
Inbound - 16:59
Finish - 33:07

No comments: