Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Podcast - Mile 42 - Podcast Advice Gone Wrong

So I read an article about some advice for people doing podcasts. Some of the advice included "using an authentic voice" and other such nonsense. I say nonsense in a sarcastic way though because it was good advice. For everyone else. Most of the advice was for those podcasters that actually produce a quality product. Mine, well, you'd be lucky to find it in a WalMart clearance bin. No, I'm not fishing for sympathy, it's just fact. I put very little into the show. I spend a little money to host the MP3 files on Podbean and I made a one-time purchase of a voice recorder. So other than replacing the batteries a few times, I spend nothing on this show. Literally nothing.

Unless you count time. But even there, I spend very little. Like the Ebenezer Scrooge of podcast producers, I record when I feel like it. I then write some drivel and upload on the same schedule. Sure, I try to keep to a "every Monday" kind of schedule but frankly, other things in my life have a much higher priority.

Does this mean I don't like to podcast? No, it means I'm not in it for the fame or money. Even if I was, I couldn't compete with some heavy hitters out there. Even people that aren't big names do better than me. And I'm okay with that. Do I want to be rich and famous? Sure, who doesn't. But this isn't the way it's going to work for me. So for now, I'll just play with my own podcast and do my own thing. Until somebody puts a bell on it and makes it ring.

View the podcast gone wrong at Podbean or download it directly.

No comments: