Saturday, March 03, 2007

Update

Couple of updates on a few things.

My uncle's house in Enterprise, AL appears to be intact. While he doesn't live there, he still knows quite a few people there. Sounds like everyone is okay, so that's a good thing.

Writing has taken a bit of a backseat. I've been mulling over the next steps in the plot and haven't had time to clearly "not-think" about it.

And I have the excuse of some newly scanned photos from an album my grandmother had that's been keeping me focused on family history. I like this one because she's wearing a pistol.



And, yet another excuse, I've been trying to get some videos online of Elizabeth (via Revver and YouTube). So cutting and laying tracks takes a bit of time.

And of course there's work. Which is why I'm here on a Saturday afternoon. But I did spend some time this morning helping my dad make waffles for the local home show. Might go back tomorrow to help him with lunch. We'll see.

Outside of that, I'm just about fully recovered from my sickness (a good 8 days after I got it). I'm off tomorrow, so, in the immortal words of Epheros, good night and good fight!

Almost forgot, my Mom had another cow (well, her cow had one). Now, before you click on the link, be warned, there are some very graphic photos (all natural, but not something I'd look at while eating a hamburger). Here's the link.

See? Told you it was graphic.

1 comment:

Epheros said...

Those were some very interesting photos... hmmmmm, now, back to my veal parmigian...

HAH!!! Just kidding. I'm glad you're feeling better. I picked up something nasty here Monday (maybe Tuesday) and I'm still suffering from it. Not sure what it is, I haven't gone to the doctor since it isn't impacting me other than making me less tolerant and giving me an occasional cough and sinus issues.

I like that pic of Granny, too. She seemed like a cutey in her day and even more so wielding a six-shooter. Wonder how good she was with it, though it does seem quite comfortable on her hip if you ask me. Kind of neat to have that kind of background in your family... Did you say that was Anie Oakley? Or, was the name McKay? I'm confused...

Take care, my friend!

~Epheros