Monday, March 12, 2007

Another War Wagon Update

It's been a while since I've updated everyone on my "top secret" story. Guess it's that time.

I wrote about 1,000 words today, not much, but I wasn't really feeling it. I'm approaching 15,000 words total (that's 36 pages mom) and I'm quickly finding that I have a lot more to write. I just need to find the time and motivation to get it on paper.

I've also been getting some very impressive help from Epheros. He's been kind enough to take the time to not only read some rough drafts of my story, but has taken it a step further and given great feedback around my content, writing style, and so many other things I didn't think about.

In other news...........

I seemed to have pulled something in my back. Usually my lower back hurts from time to time, depending on how I sleep (we have an insanely soft mattress that I hate). Well, somehow I did something to my shoulder/upper back. Painful enough that I've considered taking something for the pain, but bearable enough I only cringe in pain when I get into or out of the car.

In other news...........

I caught a pretty good show on TV (for a change). BBC America (BBCA) has a nifty show called Robin Hood. While I see Errol Flynn or Kevin Costner as the best Robin Hoods ever made (one old and one new), this is a pretty good show. Granted, I've only seen one episode so far, it's good enough that I want to watch more. Maybe I'll get the DVD (due out tomorrow).

And that's about it for now.

Boring lives lead to healthy imaginations.

1 comment:

Epheros said...

Sorry to here about your back, you may want to see a chiropractor about it. I'm going to one now and it does seem to help. He says my spine looks as though I've been in a bad accident, though I've never been. Weird!

Now, Kevin Costner as the best Robin Hood for the modern times? Well, I guess since there isn't much in the way of competition you could have it, but I think I would root for Cary Elwis as Robin Hood in Men In Tights. Sorry, but Kevin Costner has no acting ability whatsoever, except as a sports player of some sorts. Oh, and the one moment he actually did acting when he starred in Silverado.

Glad to have the props, thanks!! You should keep an orignial draft of your story and after you think it's all perrty and finished then compare them side by side ad see what leaps and bounds you've made. Exhilirating and embarrassing all at the same time. Nothing like having a moment of conflicting emotions to set your day off right. :-D

Take care!

~Epheros