Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Too Soon To Tell

I'd really like to say that I'm back in the saddle but it's too soon to tell. But I did go for a run this morning. A very slow run. That wasn't as long as I wanted it to be. And did more walking than I wanted to do. But I did it damn it and it felt good.

Let's see, one neighbor has a new car. I saw three rabbits (thinking of you Coach). And there was steam/fog coming up from the ground. The sun wasn't quite up yet but I could see it through the trees. And despite the flies being angry, I was able to avoid most of them.

And that was about it. The rest of the run was pretty boring.

Weather:
Temps were about 85F. Humidity was high. No wind. Sky was slightly overcast.

Fluids and Fuel:
Nothing before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was two eggs, two sausage patties, coffee, and a bagel.

Aches and Pains:
Some mild chafing thanks to some new underwear in the rotation.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
I'm still aiming to lose weight even though I haven't lost as much as I want so far this summer. But I guess slow and steady wins the race. I also wanted to get back to running. I've taken time off to redo a porch on the house we're selling so it was hard to get a run in but now I want to get back at it. I miss it.

Naughty Neil:
Been doing fairly well with food. Although yesterday I seriously came close to caving and drinking a can of Coke. I was just so damn hot and thirsty. Instead I drank a ton of water and iced tea.

Splits:
Lollipop 1 - 18:00
Lollipop 2 - 19:00
Finish - 37:00

No comments: