Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Everybody In The Neighborhood

Today's run was steamy. Super steamy. But not the steamiest I've ever gone through before. But it wasn't so bad that everyone in the neighborhood didn't come out for a trip around the neighborhood. I saw Mrs. Brown walking her dog. The widow in the corner house was also out walking. And the couple from Pine Tree that's not the Halls was also out walking. Although I think he runs sometimes too. Anyway, it was nice to see some neighbors out and about getting sweaty.

After the run, it was off to breakfast with my dad, then we spent some time bleeding the brakes on his car. It's moments like this that make quitting my job totally worth it. The rest of the day was spent running errands and doing some research at the library. And trying to avoid cutting my grass.

Photo:
Steamy.
 Weather:
Temps were around 80F. Humidity was about 95%. Sky was probably clear but there was so much fog it was hard to see it. Not much wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was two eggs, hash browns, and bacon. And more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Left glute was pinching a bit but it cleared up after a mile or so. Everything else felt fine.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
With everyone getting back on school schedules, I wanted to get back on my training schedule. The past few weeks were not where I wanted them to be but I feel confident I can at least steer the ship back to where it needs to be.

Naughty Neil:
Snacking hasn't been great this week but the quantity of food has been on target. Not sure how the weigh-in will go in a few days, but I'm hoping I dropped at least another pound.

Splits:
I wanted to avoid the watch today even though I put it on and planned on timing myself. It was a last minute decision to just ignore it. Still peeked a couple of times and figured I was doing about 18 minute loops. So my total time was around 36 minutes.
Finish - 36:00

No comments: