Thursday, August 25, 2016

Movie Time

Lots of pleasant excitement at work today. But more interesting is what I found in my research. First, King George County had a drive-in theater! Somewhere in the Arnold's Corner area (that's where Routes 3 and 206 intersect near the middle school that was the high school). And they showed movies every night. How cool!

Second, the Dahlgren Naval Base once operated on it's own time zone. As in, the high school bus would make a stop outside the base at 3pm, on the base at 2:10pm, then off the base at 3:15pm. Okay, so the times are just examples, but you get the idea. They were like Arizona is now and didn't recognize the whole Daylight Savings Time adjustment. Crazy!

Okay, on with today's run. I got out the door earlier than expected this morning which was great because I wasn't awake and my brain probably would have said nope to the run. But I did it and got outside. The weather felt decent during the first loop but muggier during the second. Didn't see much while I was out and about. Except my dad. He looked like he was just starting his walk as I was finishing mine.

Photos:
That orange speck way up there is my dad.


Bus route time zone confusion. 


King George Drive-In Movie Theater. 


THIS is my favorite kind of traffic jam - picking the kid up from school.


Weather:
Temps were about 70F at the start but probably warmed to 75F by the end. Humidity kicked up a bit from low to moderate. Sky was clear. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
One coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was three slices of toast, two eggs, and two sausage links. And more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
I think I was too tired to be motivated this morning. Thought several times about just not finishing but I knew this was the only time I could finish so I finished.

Naughty Neil:
Getting back on track with my food. It's a damn tough row to hoe but I think, THINK, I'm back on track.

Splits:
Loop 1 - 19:36
Loop 2 - 25:33
Finish - 45:09

No comments: