Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Stress Therapy

Sometimes you have a bad moment, bad day, bad week, maybe even a bad year. And while some will tell you it's all about the circle of life, I think it's really more like the tide of life. It ebbs and flows. There's floods and droughts. Things always change. But for the most part, it all averages out in the end.

Or at least we like to think so.

Today's run started out grumpy but I finished in pretty good spirits. I was once again not really in the mood. At least not to run inside, I really wanted to run outside. Until I saw the temps were nearly single digits and I said screw it, it's easier to tough it out on the treadmill than it is to tough it out in below freezing temps outside.

I did manage to get my little entertainment center set up for my treadmill so I can now distract myself with a good sized TV, DVD player, and if I'm lucky, some online content. Today I was a bit more ADD than normal and went from LOST to Star Trek. It was a bad jump but I felt like I wasn't really paying as much attention to LOST as I should.

Photo:



Weather:
Temps were about 80F in the basement.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a little coffee before the run. During the run I had plain water. Recovery was a banana, coffee, and an egg and ham sandwich.

Aches and Pains:
None really.

Gear:
Wore shorts.

Treadmill:
Time - 63:12
Distance - 2.9 miles
Incline - 0 to 12 (4 AVG)
Speed - 2.0 to 4.0 (2.8 AVG)
Elevation - 659 feet
Entertainment - LOST and Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Naughty Neil:
I got distracted by my phone on the toilet this morning. Sometimes it just sucks you in and before you realize it, your legs are numb and you're running late for your run.

Today's Motivation:
Started to panic a bit last night when I realized registration for my one and only race this year will open up next month. Holy crap Batman!

Splits:
Finish - 63:12

No comments: