Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pipe Dreams

Today is Day 3 of what seems like a month's worth of snow days for my kids. They had Monday off as a holiday (I didn't). Tuesday we got 8 inches of snow so there was no school (my office was closed but I work at home so I still reported for duty). Wednesday saw no new snow but the roads weren't plowed yet so no school again (I still had to work). Today was too damn cold for school (yep, I still had to work). And tomorrow is expected to be even colder than today. Any bets on what will happen tomorrow?

At least I get to work from home. I may complain about having them home during the summer or not getting time off for snow days but my commute is so much easier. Although in the new house those stairs can be a bitch sometimes when you need the bathroom in a hurry.

Today's run was a bit of a shinning moment. I've felt off all week, partly because of DOMS from shoveling my driveway. Although shorter than the driveway at the old house, it took twice as long to clear. Guess a tractor on a paved driveway is easier than a shovel on gravel. About halfway through the run I changed my entertainment from an audio book by R. A. Salvatore to some music by Childish Gambino and that seemed to do the trick. Guess I wasn't in the mood for Entreri and Jarlaxle but really needed some rap. Managed to run the last 25 minutes straight through and felt awesome doing it.


Photo:

Weather:
Interior temps were 80F.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a nasty burrito, banana, and iced latte. During the run I had a little water and an applesauce. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
Glutes still hurt from shoveling. Aside from that, the run felt fine. Calves were starting to tighten up towards the end due to dehydration.

Gear:
Wore t-shirt and shorts. Would have run topless but we had company.

Treadmill:
Time - 51:46
Distance - 2.5 miles
Incline - 0 to 6 (AVG 4)
Speed - 2.0 to 4.0 (AVG 2.9)
Elevation - 584 feet
Entertainment - R. A. Salvatore audiobook and music by Childish Gambino

Today's Motivation:
Didn't really have much other than I wanted to work some stress off from work. The run helped so I guess my mission was accomplished.

Naughty Neil:
That damn burrito. Gah. I swear, every time I go there I just have to have shitty food. At least I'm getting better at saying no to the hash brown.

Splits:
Finish - 51:46

No comments: