Monday, February 09, 2015

Smile you big oaf

Did my best at getting my smile back. I think it worked because I actually smiled some during my run. After a very long week at work (60 hours over 6 days), I was due for a break. And a beer. So I headed out the door fairly early and got a run in. I aimed for an hour and came in just a bit over so I was happy. Plus I went a bit further than I expected. Shorter than I hoped, but still progress. I also scooped up my cameras and did some simple trail maintenance before Saturday's half marathon.

But best of all, I was outside enjoying myself. I could have waited for the better part of the day when temps got into the 50s but I was fine with the chill in the air. And in the end, it didn't matter one bit because somewhere out there I found my smile.

Photos:



Vine:
https://vine.co/v/OUOxKPU9zVl


Weather:
Temps were about 40F. Sky was overcast. Wind was light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Nothing for breakfast. During the run I had a bottle of plain water and an applesauce. Recovery was french toast casserole and coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Ended up with some tightness in my quads near my knees but nothing bad. There was some pain in my junk but that's a developing issue that needs more time to present itself.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, thermal top, short sleeved shirt, and a BUFF. Forgot about my gloves so I had to scrounge in my car for some.

Naughty Neil:
I'm thinking the treadmill is making me a lazy runner. Something I'll need to think about more.

Today's Motivation:
I just needed to get outside and play. I was lucky enough to even play with my kids later when the weather warmed up some. So all in all, a great day.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:17
Mile 2 - 15:02
Mile 0.5 - 8:04
Mile 0.4 - 6:30
Mile 0.5 - 7:24
Mile 4 - 13:48
Mile 5 - 13:13
Finish - 1:16:21

No comments: