Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vagazzled Beavers:

Vagazzled Beavers:
I'm late in posting this but hey, it was a busy day at work. So sue me. The run went fairly well even though I was pressed for time and even got to my meeting 5 minutes late. Turns out I had my times mixed up and I wasn't 25 minutes early like I had thought. Good thing I skipped my coffee run on the way home.

The trail was pretty damp but not too wet despite the recent snow and rain. There were even a few spots with tiny patches of snow left over. There were a few leaners but not really any trees down along the way. Saw a few animals but nothing too exciting. Except for the very clearly marked beaver trail. I swear those things get all vagazzled and then rub themselves all over the ground so you can follow them back home to their den. As a married man I didn't follow that trail and instead stuck to my own.

Steaming start.

Beaver trail.

More steam.

Temps were about 32F at the start and warmed to maybe 37F. Sky was clear and only a hint of wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was half a glass of coffee and yogurt. No food on the run but I did drink a bottle of plain water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite and hammer Soy mixed together with my left over coffee. Not too horrible.

Aches and Pains:
None to speak of.

Wore my T-Star shorts under regular shorts, wore a thermal top under a t-shirt, and took along my GoPro for some photos.

Mile 1 - 14:11 (includes a pee break and cutting a branch off)
Mile 2 - 12:33
Mile 3 - 12:02
Mile 4 - 11:46
Finish - 50:33

No comments: