Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vagazzled Beavers:

Vagazzled Beavers:
I'm late in posting this but hey, it was a busy day at work. So sue me. The run went fairly well even though I was pressed for time and even got to my meeting 5 minutes late. Turns out I had my times mixed up and I wasn't 25 minutes early like I had thought. Good thing I skipped my coffee run on the way home.

The trail was pretty damp but not too wet despite the recent snow and rain. There were even a few spots with tiny patches of snow left over. There were a few leaners but not really any trees down along the way. Saw a few animals but nothing too exciting. Except for the very clearly marked beaver trail. I swear those things get all vagazzled and then rub themselves all over the ground so you can follow them back home to their den. As a married man I didn't follow that trail and instead stuck to my own.

Photos:
Steaming start.


Beaver trail.


More steam.


Weather:
Temps were about 32F at the start and warmed to maybe 37F. Sky was clear and only a hint of wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was half a glass of coffee and yogurt. No food on the run but I did drink a bottle of plain water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite and hammer Soy mixed together with my left over coffee. Not too horrible.

Aches and Pains:
None to speak of.

Gear:
Wore my T-Star shorts under regular shorts, wore a thermal top under a t-shirt, and took along my GoPro for some photos.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 14:11 (includes a pee break and cutting a branch off)
Mile 2 - 12:33
Mile 3 - 12:02
Mile 4 - 11:46
Finish - 50:33

No comments: