Monday, March 18, 2013

Plain Slushy

Plain Slushy:
I was aiming for 4 but ended up cutting it short since I didn't want to present any more of a hazard to the drivers than necessary. As it was, I hopped on and off the road many times just to prevent any accidents. Including getting my ass ran over. So it was just 2 miles.

Outside of that, just an everyday, boring kind of run.

Photos:





Weather:
Temps were right around 32F, maybe 35F. The road was warm enough to melt most of the snow but after a bit, it started to stick and quickly became slush. No sun since it was cloudy and snowing. It was almost freezing rain but not quite.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run was an iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite and two breakfast burritos.

Aches and Pains:
My calves were feeling it as I tried to run through the slush. I could feel the extra tension with the slightly slippery surface but it wasn't too bad.

Gear:
Nothing too fancy, shorts, pants, thermal top, long sleeve shirt, gloves, and a winter hat. I did wear my wind breaker which helped and I wore my headlamp just so drivers could see me. Also took along my GoPro for pictures.

Splits:
Outbound - 11:50
Inbound - 11:15
Finish - 23:06

No comments: