Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Found My Thrill On Hospital Hill

I Found My Thrill On Hospital Hill:
So I have a non-DM runner friend that inspired me to go run some hills today. She is one of those insane people that puts in crazy miles with crazy elevation. So I figured I'd do my best to emulate her ability and go run the biggest hill I could think of in the area. So I went to Hospital Hill. It's roughly 200 feet uphill in about 3/4's of a mile. Pretty steep for my neck of the woods. So I did three of those with some of the smaller hills on Cowan as a warm-up and cool-down. All in all, more hills than I wanted but less than what I needed.

Weather:
Temps were about 35F at the start and warmed to about 40F by the end. The wind was moderate. The sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a burrito, yogurt, and an iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water and refilled with a bottle of Gatorade. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite followed by lunch at Panera.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt. My nose felt a little frozen here and there as the wind picked up and made my snot freeze.

Gear:
Wore a thermal top, t-shirt, and vest. Wore my SmartWool winter hat. Wore shorts with pants over it.

Splits:
Screw the splits. With a hilly route, they don't really matter.
Finish - 1:36:13

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Wasn't that fun? :) What is non-DM?

Neil Richard said...

@Lauren - Non-DM as in Non-DailyMile. DailyMile.com is where a lot of my running peers in the area hang out online. Check it out. Lots of fun.